Expanded Visitation Rules Will Go Into Effect March 29th
We are thrilled that we can begin offering expanding visitations at Walnut Crossing this coming Monday, March 29th.
The Ohio State Health Department released new directives aligning state regulations with the Centers Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) newly expanded visitations for long-term care facilities, including our assisted living and memory support community.
Families and friends now have more options to connect with their loved ones. The state guidance still recommends outdoor visitations whenever possible because there is less chance of spreading the virus.
However, we are now able to offer indoor visits with the following guidelines and exceptions:
- Visits will be allowed regardless of the resident’s vaccination, however there are more opportunities if a resident is fully vaccinated.
- If a resident is vaccinated, residents and families may touch during the visit.
- If a resident is unvaccinated, touching is not allowed, and six feet of social distance must be maintained. Additionally, unvaccinated resident visits must take place in a community designated area and be monitored.
- If a resident is vaccinated, families may visit in the resident’s apartment. The family member must be escorted to the resident’s apartment to limit the amount of exposure to others in the communities.
- All visitors must be escorted to and from the visit by a community team member. When you’re ready to leave after your visit please press the call pendant to let us know you are done and can be escorted out of the building.
- Regardless of vaccine status, each visit will minimally be 30 minutes. So that we are able to serve all families, as we begin, the maximum time will be one hour (1). As we get all families through, we may be able to expand that maximum time, we will make that determination based on the demand for visits.
- Children may visit, if they can maintain wearing a mask, maintain social distance and are able to understand and follow virus mitigation protocols.
Our visitation program will consist of the following:
- Monday through Friday from 10am-6pm and 9am to 4pm on Saturday and Sunday.
- Twenty-Four (24) hours’ notice MUST be provided to the community prior to each scheduled visit request.
- Each resident can have two (2) visitors at one time, with a maximum of two visits per day per resident.
- Each visit will be hosted in our community designated area or in the resident’s apartment depending on their vaccination status. All visitors and residents must continue to wear masks during the visit, use hand sanitizer before and after visit and, no drop-in visits allowed.
All visitors must first come to the concierge desk to be screened and have their temperature checked. If you have any signs or symptoms of COVID-19 please cancel your visit for the health and well-being of everyone at Walnut Crossing. Walnut Crossing may ask that you submit to a rapid test upon entry to the community if your screening raises any concern to the screener.
To schedule a visit, please call the concierge at 937-490-1506.
We are just as excited as residents and families are about these new visitation opportunities. We know personal connections are vital to resident’s well-being. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we roll-out these new directives and get everything set up to welcome you!
Walnut Crossing is so excited for our residents and families to be able to see each other in person. Yesterday the Center for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) released new guidance that communities like ours, can offer safe and responsible visit options for our residents and family members regardless of their vaccination status. CMS has put in place some safety restrictions, and this has been the case throughout the pandemic, we must receive the green light from the Ohio health department before we can actually host more indoor visits. Read the specific information on our Cappella Living Solution’s website.